- No gas, emissions, oil mixing or pull starts
- Makita-built brushless motor delivers up to 7,000 RPM with 13" String Trimmer Attachment and 4,000 SPM with 20" Articulating Hedge Trimmer Attachment
- Lever style lock system allows for quick tool-less installation and replacement of attachments
- High/Low speed button for power and run time management
- Variable speed trigger for controlled speed
- 13" String Trimmer Attachment includes rapid loading bump and feed trimmer head that loads line in seconds with 3 easy steps: align, feed and twist
- 20" Articulating Hedge Trimmer Attachment with dual action, double-sided steel blades for faster cutting
- 20" Articulating Hedge Trimmer Attachment features 13 angle settings with 135° working range for efficient trimming of overhead and low-lying hedges
- Compatible with a variety of Makita couple shaft attachments (sold separately)
- Features Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) engineered to provide increased dust and water resistance in harsh job site conditions
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- 3-year limited warranty on tool, battery and charger
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- Cutting Swath: 13"
- No Load Speed (var. 2 speed): 0-5,000/0-7,000 RPM
- Abor Shaft: M10 x 1.25 LH
- Blade Length: 20"
- Strokes Per Minute: 4,000 SPM
- Net Weight (with Battery): 9.2 lbs.
- Form Factory (LXT): 18V LXT
- Motor Type: Brushless
With zero emissions, lower noise and maximum versatility, the 18V LXT® Brushless Couple Shaft Power Head Kit with 13” String Trimmer and 20” Articulating Hedge Trimmer Attachments (XUX02SM1X2) is a welcome solution for a range of trimming and cutting applications. It’s powered by an 18V LXT® 4.0Ah Battery for maximum performance and run time without the hassles of gas and without leaving the 18V battery platform.
The power head features a lever-style lock system for quick tool-less installation and replacement of attachments. It comes with a 13” String Trimmer and 20” Articulating Hedge Trimmer Attachment. The power head is compatible with a variety of other attachments for trimming, edging, cultivating, and brush cutting (sold separately).
The Makita-built brushless motor delivers up to 7,000 RPM with the 13” String Trimmer Attachment and 4,000 SPM with the 20” Articulating Hedge Trimmer Attachment. The 13” String Trimmer Attachments includes a rapid loading bump-and-feed trimmer head that loads line in seconds with 3 easy steps. The 20” Articulating Hedge Trimmer Attachment has dual-action, double-sided steel blades for faster cutting. It has 13 angle settings with a 135-degree working range to efficiently trim overhead or low-lying hedges.
It features Makita Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™). XPT™ is a protective seal inside the tool. It is designed to improve a tool’s operation in harsh conditions by channeling water and dust from key internal components.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V LXT® System, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V lithium-ion slide-style batteries. Makita® 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita® 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.