Makita XRU09PTX1 18V X2 (36V) LXT Li-Ion Brushless String Trimmer Kit and Brushless Angle Grinder
Part Number: XRU09PTX1 UPC: 088381847391 Weight: 28
• (1) String Trimmer
• (2) 18V LXT Batteries
• (1) Dual port rapid charger
• (1) Angle Grinder
• Delivers up to 60 minutes of run time under load on the low speed setting using two 18V LXT® 5.0Ah BL1850 batteries
• Makita-built Outer Rotor BL™ Brushless Motor direct-drive system provides high power and increased torque
• 2-speed options (Low: 5,000 RPM, High: 6,500 RPM) allows the operator to match speed to application
• Bump and Feed trimmer head rotates the same counterclockwise direction as professional grade trimmers
• Accepts industry standard spindles M10x1.25 LH for more convenience
• Zero emissions and reduced maintenance; no need for gas or oil
• Reverse (clockwise) rotation system allows operator to quickly clear trimmer head of entangled grass and weeds
• Constant Speed Control minimizes reduction in rotation speed under load
• Direct-drive motor mounted directly on the trimmer head for increased efficiency and improved tool balance
• Efficient BL™ Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
• The BL™ Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL™ Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
• 13-3/4" cutting swath for user convenience
• Weighs only 9.9 lbs. with batteries for reduced operator fatigue
• BL™ Brushless motor delivers up to 6,500 RPM for faster cutting
• Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) is engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh job site conditions
• Electric brake for maximum productivity
• 3-stage L.E.D. gauge indicates battery charge level
• 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah battery BL1850B features an integrated L.E.D. battery charge level indicator
• 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah battery BL1850B provides up to 65% more run time per charge compared to 3.0Ah battery BL1830
• Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging
• 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah battery BL1850B reaches a full charge in 45 minutes or less
• Dual Port Charger charges two (2) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah batteries in only 45 minutes
• Dual Port Charger features a built-in USB port for charging portable electronic devices
• Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
• Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol
• 3-year limited warranty on tool, battery and charger
• Cutting Capacity (diameter): 13-3/4"
• No Load Speed (2 spd): 5,000/6,500 RPM
• Battery: 2X 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
• Overall Length: 69"
• Power Type: Cordless
• Shaft Type: Straight
Landscapers are demanding more cordless alternatives to corded and gas-powered outdoor power equipment. Makita is meeting demand with an expanding line-up of cordless OPE, including the 18V X2 (36V) LXT® Lithium-Ion Brushless String Trimmer Kit (model XRU09PTX1). With zero emissions, lower noise and considerably less maintenance, the 18V X2 (36V) LXT® cordless string trimmer is a welcome solution for landscapers. It’s powered by two fast-charging 18V LXT® batteries for maximum power and run time, but without leaving the strongly-preferred 18V battery platform. With the efficient Makita BL™ brushless motor, the trimmer delivers longer run time, more power and speed, and longer tool life. In addition, the string trimmer rotates in the same counter-clockwise direction as professional-grade trimmers, and uses industry standard spindles (M10x1.25 LH) for added convenience. Model XRU09PTX1 is a kit and includes two fast-charging 18V LXT® 5.0Ah batteries and an efficient 18V Dual Port Rapid Optimum Charger. The kit also includes an 18V LXT® Brushless Angle Grinder, which is equipped with an efficient brushless motor and Automatic Speed Change™ technology for corded grinding performance without the cord.
Makita’s efficient BL™ Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per battery charge than similar non-brushless tools. Electronic controls efficiently use battery energy to match the changing demands of the application for increased power and speed when needed. With no carbon brushes, the Makita BL™ Brushless motor runs cooler and more efficiently for longer life. The XRU09PTX1 features a Makita-built Outer Rotor Brushless Motor with direct drive that provides high power and increased torque. When powered by two 18V 5.0Ah batteries, the efficient brushless motor delivers up to 60 minutes of run-time on the low setting on a single charge.
The String Trimmer and Grinder feature Makita Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™). XPT™ is a protective seal inside the tool, and is engineered for improved operation in harsh conditions by channeling water and dust from key internal components.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.