Amana 49116 Cove Bit 1/2" Radius 1/4" Shank Router Bit
Part Number: 49116 UPC:Weight: 0.5
DescriptionAmana 49116 Specifications:
• Radius: 1/2"
• Diameter: 1-3/8"
• Cutting Height: 3/4"
• Shank: 1/4"
• Length: 2-1/4"
Amana 49116 Features:
• The covetto form—produced by the cove bit—is one of the classic building blocks for many molding profiles.
• Use it alone or in combination with beads and fillets.
• Use the cove as well to detail the edges of casework, doors and drawers, posts and columns.
• The cove also makes up one-half of the rule joint used on drop-leaf tables.
• The other half is the corner-round.
• Use in handheld or table-mounted routers.
• Large-diameter tools must be run at reduced speed.
• For best results with a large radius cutter, make a preliminary cut with a smaller radius bit or chamfer the workpiece to reduce the amount of stock to be removed in the finish pass.
• This will produce a smoother finish and prolong tool life.