Amana 49108 Cove Bit 5/16" Radius 1/4" Shank Router Bit
Part Number: 49108 UPC:Weight: 0.5
DescriptionAmana 49108 Specifications:
• Radius: 5/16"
• Diameter: 1"
• Cutting Height: 9/16"
• Shank: 1/4"
• Length: 2-1/8"
Amana 49108 Features:
• The covetto form—produced by the cove bit—is one of the classic building blocks for many molding profiles.
• Use it alone or in combination with beads and fillets.
• Use the cove as well to detail the edges of casework, doors and drawers, posts and columns.
• The cove also makes up one-half of the rule joint used on drop-leaf tables.
• The other half is the corner-round.
• Use in handheld or table-mounted routers.
• Large-diameter tools must be run at reduced speed.
• For best results with a large radius cutter, make a preliminary cut with a smaller radius bit or chamfer the workpiece to reduce the amount of stock to be removed in the finish pass.
• This will produce a smoother finish and prolong tool life.